Beauty Bridge

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Oven: Green and Clean

I have a recipe for green oven cleaner. Since I've switched over to the wood cook stove until spring, it is time to clean my electric roaster oven. I was suprized how effective this recipe was.

Ingredients:
Baking soda, Water, spray bottle, sponge
Directions:
Sprinkle about a quarter inch layer of baking soda all over the bottom of the oven. Using a clean spray bottle filled with water, spray the baking soda until damp but not wet. Wet the soda a couple of times throughout the day and let sit overnight. Wipe clean the next day with a sponge.

As with any oven cleaner, I had a few stubborn spots with lots of baked on stuff. The baking soda makes a mild abrasive with got most of the remaining stuff off. However, I still have a couple of stubborn spots which I covered up with the baking soda paste to sit another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment